Thursday 16 June 2011

Hunter's Fleet, Mystery and Moonfleet

I recently bought Hunter's Fleet, by Richard Johnstone-Bryden, the history of one of the few remaining traditional sailing hire fleets: This fleet is special because the boats have no engines. I bought the book to get some ideas for finishing Mystery.
My passion for owning my wooden yacht is being tested by it's continued presence in a boatyard rather than on the water.
I am having some success finding out about Mystery's history: Jeckells still have the original sail plan, dating back to 1949. I am still struggling to find out about Mystery's history from the decades she spent down on the Deben.
Moonfleet, my trusty little Broads Cruiser, has had the engine problem confirmed: She miss-fires when hot and stalls when put into idle. As you can only go from Forward to Reverse in idle it proves a challenge when attempting to moor her, even for my co-skipper.

No comments: