Saturday 25 June 2011

Finding out about my Meteor Yacht

I spent today driving round Norfolk trying to find the boatyard where Mystery, my Meteor yacht, was built.
I was around 7 years too late: The boatyard had been converted into Acle Marina though the folks there were friendly and pointed me to the owner who hangs out at Marine Tech. Both those are part of Russell Marine who apparently bought the boatyard at Acle and did the conversion to a lovely small marina.
The websites are a bit confusing because the folks at Marine Tech said they didn't do boat repair work any more but Russell Marine's websites mention 10 ton lift-outs and cruiser building.
Still I have a phone number to ring next week to speak to the father who may remember something of the old history.
Oh, and I managed to buy a couple of spark plugs for Moonfleet too :)

No comments: